What To Do If You Have A Work Related Injury

What should I do if I am injured on the job?

Contact Wugman & Wugman, P.C. – The premier Workers Compensation Attorneys located in New City, NY

Work Injury Claim APPROVED

Wugman & Wugman, P.C. – the premier Workers Compensation Attorneys, located in New City, NY, can help you get your claim approved.

First and foremost, you should seek immediate medical attention. Except in an emergency, the treating physician must be authorized by the New York State Workers’ Compensation Board.

Second, notify your employer about the injury. The law requires that an injured worker notify an individual in a supervisory capacity about the injury and how it occurred within 30 days of the accident. In the event of an occupational disease or repetitive stress claim, the law requires notice to be given within two years of when the injured worker knew or should have known that his/her condition is related to the work being performed, or within two years of when the condition has become disabling. The later of the two dates will apply.

So long as the employer has been timely notified of the claim, an injured worker has two years from the date of the injury, or in the case of an occupational disease or repetitive stress claim, two years from the date of disablement or two years from the date the injured worker knew or should have known that his/her condition was work related to file a claim with the Workers’ Compensation Board. Although there are exceptions, if the claim is not filed within two years, an injured worker may lose their right to benefits.

Third, protect your rights – quality workers compensation attorneys will ensure you receive all of the benefits you are entitled to. If you live or work in Rockland County, Westchester, Orange or NYC and have any questions about doctors, notifying employers, eligibility or want to discuss the case with us, please contact Wugman & Wugman P.C. at (845) 499-2232 or complete the form on the left for a free consultation.  They are located at 151 North Main St., New City, NY 10956.

Call Today:
(845) 499-2232

151 North Main St.
Suite 300
New City, NY 10956

Contact Us:

From their offices in New City, NY, Wugman & Wugman PC provide Workers Compensation and Social Security law services in Rockland County including: Airmont, Bardonia, Blauvelt, Centenary, Central Nyack, Chestnut Ridge, Congers, Garnerville, Grand View-on-Hudson, Grassy Point, Haverstraw, Hillburn, Hillcrest, Jones Point, Kaser, Ladentown, Monsey, Montebello, Mount Ivy, Nanuet, Nauraushaun, New City, New Hempstead, New Square, Nyack, Orangeburg, Palisades, Pearl River, Piermont, Pomona, Rockland Lake, Sloatsburg, South Nyack, Sparkill, Spring Valley, Stony Point, Suffern, Tappan, Thiells, Tomkins Cove, Upper Nyack, Valley Cottage, Viola, Wesley Hills, West Haverstraw, West Nyack

Follow Us: Facebook Twitter Linked In
Disclaimer – The information provided on this website is not legal advice and should be considered general information for educational purposes only. Visiting this website or contacting us through the website, by mail, electronic mail or by telephone does not constitute the formation of an attorney/client relationship.

*Wugman & Wugman, P.C. has added a translation feature developed by Google Translate to assist visitors of our website in understanding the information provided herein in a variety of foreign languages. Please be advised that Wugman & Wugman, P.C. cannot guarantee the accuracy of translations through Google Translate and accepts no liability for any inaccuracies caused by the use of the Google Translate feature.




© Copyright 2019 | All Rights Reserved | Wugman & Wugman, P.C.
Website Developed by Accelerated Advertising, LLC